In an effort to continually support our users and make life easier for them, we have partnered with TaxBit to offer Metal Pay users free cryptocurrency tax computations through TaxBit’s new crypto tax software.
Before Getting Started:
- Contact Support and request a CSV spreadsheet of your Payment History; Please specify the data range (ie. 2021 Payment History).
- Create a TaxBit account
- Once you receive your CSV spreadsheet, log into your TaxBit account
- Click on "Add Transactions"
- Choose 'Import from CSV'
- Scroll down to the bottom and click the Metal option
- Upload your CSV file
- Once your transactions have successfully uploaded, click on "Taxes" to download your IRS 8949 and Income Report documents
ℹ️ We recommend that you double-check to make sure all of your transactions are uploaded correctly. For any issues, please reach out to TaxBit Help & Support.
Do you have a Proton account that also needs reporting? Check out our Help Center article: How can I report my Proton transactions on my taxes?