This article will guide you on how to send your cryptocurrency from your Metal Pay account to your WebAuth Wallet on Proton (Click here to learn more about WebAuth).
Before Getting Started:
- You will need to fund your 'Crypto' Card within your Metal Pay account
- You must have already created your Proton account within the WebAuth Wallet
Check out our Help Center article: Which Cryptocurrencies Support Deposit and Withdrawal on Metal Pay?
- Tap on your 'Crypto' Card within the Metal Pay app and then choose the crypto you'd like to send to your WebAuth Wallet
- Click 'Withdrawal' and select the amount you'd like to send
- You can alternate between choosing the coin quantity or $USD equivalent value by clicking the '🔃' on the right side of the value
- If you want to withdraw the max amount, you can click 'MAX' on the left side of the value
- On the middle of that same screen, you should see a box prompting you to choose a blockchain network you would like to send your funds over on. Choose which network to send your funds over to your WebAuth Wallet. Example: Let's say you're withdrawing XPR. You can choose to send it over the Mainnet (Proton) or ERC20 (Ethereum) Networks
- When choosing your Network to withdraw funds on, please note that each blockchain network may have different fees and wait times (click here to learn more).
- On the address page, please enter the crypto address and memo (if required) to where you're sending your funds. Once everything is entered correctly, click 'Review'
- IMPORTANT: Make sure you're entering the correct address associated with the network you're choosing (Example: use an ERC20 (ETH) address when sending over the ERC20 network).
- If you're sending funds over Proton Mainnet, you just need to enter the Proton name without the '@' symbol (click here to learn more)
- On the 'Review Order' screen and make sure everything looks correct before hitting 'Withdraw"
And you're all set! You should be receiving an email confirmation notifying you that your withdrawal has been initiated and then another email notifying you when it has been completed.
ℹ️ We strongly recommend double and triple-checking that you're entering the correct address when withdrawing your crypto from Metal Pay to an exchange or external wallet. Crypto sent to an incorrect address may result in lost and potentially-unrecoverable funds. Click here to learn more: What happens if I Send Crypto to the Wrong Address?
If you have any questions about this guide or just want to say “Hi”, you can always reach us with the Help button on the bottom right side of your screen. Also be sure to follow our Client Services+ Help Center on Twitter (@MetalHelpsMe) to stay up to date and learn how to get the most out of your Proton experience!