This article will outline how you can scan your ID when you are signing up for a Metal Pay account.
Why Metal Pay asks for your SSN and government-issued ID is explained in this article.
All IDs must be uploaded directly through the Metal Pay mobile app. We do not accept any other method of submission, for example, you cannot email Metal Pay with a copy of your ID.
- Ensure that you enter your name and address exactly as it appears on your ID. EXCEPTION: If your current permanent address differs from what is shown on your ID, enter your current permanent address.
- A PO box isn't accepted.
- Ensure that your document is valid, is not expired, and has no hole punches or other modifications
- Photograph the entire document, be sure to take a clear photo of the ID. Be sure it has no glare, bending, or fraying, and that all four sides and corners are visible.
- A photograph taken on a flat surface are accepted more often than photos taken physically holding your ID.
- Ensure your document is in a well-lit area without glare. (Natural sunlight is best.)
- Please don't obfuscate any information on the ID.
Eligible IDs – listed for illustrative purposes only. This is a non-exhaustive list:
- Unexpired Passport
- Unexpired Driver’s License
- National IDs
- State IDs
IDs that are not accepted – listed for illustrative purposes only. This is a non-exhaustive list:
- Paper ID
- Photocopy of an ID
- Screenshot of your ID
- Temporary ID
Other unaccepted documents – listed for illustrative purposes only. This is a non-exhaustive list:
- Bank Card
- Job ID Card
- High School or University ID Card
- Library Card
- Fitness Club Card